Wacouta Town Board Meeting
November 13, 2012
Nov 13 Meeting Minutes(Word doc.)
November 13, 2012 Meeting
Present: Sue Betcher, Mickey Payne, Ray Bronson and Barbara Charlson
Others: Tom Wolner
Sue called the November 13, 2012 meeting to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:13 PM.
Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to approve the Agenda with the addition of Red Wing 20/20 Informational Meeting (Old Business) and Tom & Peggy Wolner building permit and Cemetery (New Business). The motion carried.
There were no Declarations of Conflicts.
Meeting minutes from October 9, 2012 were approved with clarification that the $100,000 amount spent on defining township ordinances was stated by Tracy Gadient and agreed wth by other Planning & Zoning committee members. Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Ray to approve the minutes. The motion carried.
Roads and Bridges
- Brown Wacouta Road sign at the Lakeview intersection will be replaced.
Planning and Zoning
- Tom Wolner submitted an architect?s rendition for a building addition and new garage. He will meet with Fred to apply for a building permit and variance, if required.
- Red Wing 20/20 will host a Quarterly Community Forum on Thursday, November 15 at 6:00 PM in the Sheldon Theatre. All are invited to attend.
General Election Closure
- Thank you to Nancy Barth, Richard Wirkkala, Susan Jablonski, Nancy McKay and Barbara for serving as General Election Judges on Nov 6, 2012.
- Wacouta had an unofficial 85% voter turnout for the General Election, 20+ new registered voters and almost 40 absentee ballots.
- Voter comment was made that the Town Hall had a ?welcoming environment? when they arrived to vote. The ambience on the Town Hall was enhanced by the History Project display.
- Additional cemetery plots will be marked and available for sale. Sue will give an update at the next meeting.
- Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to pay bills and payroll on November 13, 2012 in the amount of $2,022.93 as presented. The motion carried.
- 2013 Budget preparation cycle has begun. Barbara will forward previous budgets for Supervisor planning.
- Board of Audit Review will be done in January 2013 of the Township revenues and expenses.
- Sue spoke with Red Wing Fire Department and other individuals regarding the two (2) recent fire calls.
- Xcel replaced a street light by Mickey?s residence after repeated requests. Their work order system needed to be updated for work at Wacouta.
- 2013 Meeting dates were approved and will be posted on the Web site and outside the Town Hall.
- Barbara will ask Goodhue County Auditor for an update on their review of the Township industrial tax base
- Barbara will submit future monthly meeting notices to be published free in the Republican Eagle BRIEFS section
Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Ray to adjourn the meeting at 8:13 PM on November 13, 2012. The motion carried.
Wacouta Township Clerk/Treasurer
Dec 10 Mon Town Board Meeting at 7:00 PM
Jan 14 Mon Town Board Meeting at 7:00 PM
Feb 11 Mon Town Board Meeting at 7:00 PM
Noteworthy Web Sites
- Wacouta Township: http://www.wacoutatownship.org
- Jerry Barth Water Level Site: (Suggestion to select <at Lake City> & <Stage/Forecast Graph> ) http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/glance.php?wfo=mpx&gage=stpm5&riverid=203833&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6
- Goodhue County: http://www.co.goodhue.mn.us
- Minnesota Association of Townships: http://www.mntownships.org