Wacouta Town Board Meeting
July 9, 2012 – APPROVED
July 9 Meeting Minutes (Word doc.)
July 9, 2012 Meeting
Present: Sue Betcher, Mickey Payne and Barbara Charlson Sue called the July 9, 2012 meeting to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:03 PM.
Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to approve the Agenda with the addition of the Andrew Peters bicycle trail update. The motion carried.
There were no declarations of conflict. Meeting minutes from June 11, 2012 were approved with no corrections.
Roads and Bridges
- Speed Limit sign at top of Lakeview knoll needs to be replaced as well as Bayview sign
- Flueger Construction repaired pot hole on Sevestapol
- Culvert Update: No known problems at this time; standing Board policy is that if residents are aware of any township culverts that need cleaning, we request that they contact us and we?ll get them cleaned out
Planning and Zoning
- Jerry Jablonski asked Sue if she had a copy of property division between him & neighbor Tom Wolner; Township did not need to keep a copy from the July 2011 Board meeting; Jerry will work with Tom to get a copy
- Haycreek Township verified that our $50 building permit charge (regardless of construction cost) is a standard rate
Friends of Wacouta (FOW)
- Need exists to repair gopher holes on walking trail; Board will wait until Fall to take action in case more holes show up
- Will ask Ray to watch the lower section of the trail and Sue the upper one as well as ask for other volunteers
Wacouta Web Page
- Suggestion was made to send out a Township newsletter to introduce the Web site, provide standard Township FAQs, etc.
Town Hall Structure
- Once basement is cleaned, crew can begin work on other improvements
- Will look at using replacement windows rather than glass block per advice from Jerry Jablonski
- DOC Sentenced to Serve will provide a working date soon; they are currently cleaning up Cannon Falls flood damage
- Motion was made by Mickey and seconded by Sue to pay bills and payroll on July 9, 2012 in the amount of $1,767.12 as presented. The motion carried.
- Excess General funds will be deposited in Road & Bridges account to re-build reserve funds
Elections ? State Primary & General
- Election deadlines are fast approaching and judge names which require Board approval are due soon; Barbara will send out an email request for approval
- PowerPoint training can be done at home if judges can?t attend County classes
- New American flag replaced the tattered one outside of the Town Hall main entrance
- Mississippi River Parkway Letter ? There were no changes except to cc: District 29 Representatives; Sue will make the changes and will forward to other Board members for signatures
- Timing make it difficult to process bicycle trail grant and Andrew Peters (representing Lake City MN) will not seek funding at this time
Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to adjourn the meeting at 7:55 PM on July 9. The motion carried.
Wacouta Township Clerk/Treasurer
July 19 (Th) 6:00 PM Election Judge Training (or July 23)
July 23 (M) 1:00 PM Election Judge Training
Aug 13 (M) 6:00 PM Public Accuracy Testing of Voting Equipment
Aug 13 (M) 7:00 PM Township Board Meeting
Aug 14 (T) 7:00 AM State Primary Election (until 8:00 PM)
Aug 23 (Th) 5:30 PM Land Stewardship Project Workshop at Frontenac MN
- Wacouta Township: http://www.wacoutatownship.org
- Jerry Barth Water Level Site: (Suggestion to select <at Lake City> & <Stage/Forecast Graph> ) http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/glance.php?wfo=mpx&gage=stpm5&riverid=203833&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6
- Goodhue County: http://www.co.goodhue.mn.us
- Minnesota Association of Townships: http://www.mntownships.org